Saturday, May 9, 2015

My first "oily" Mothers Day

Since I started using essential oils, I have been so excited about how wonderful they are that I talk about them(a lot)! Since both my mother and Mother-In-Law have been listening to me wax rhapsodic about how much I love my Young Living Oils, I decided to share my love of oils with them in their Mother's Day presents this year!

On a trip last month, I introduced my mom to lavender essential oil. It's a rock star oil! Lavender is great for so many things.


I use lavender daily. I diffuse it, I use it for my LLP allergy bomb(more on that in another post!), and in my homemade skin care products. It is gentle enough that it can be used neat, or without a carrier oil. 

So - my mom (now) loves lavender too, and asked that I get her some "oily" stuff for Mothers Day.  I was so excited that she wants to learn more about oils, I decided to gift her some homemade products to show her how easy it is to use lavender! 

I made lotion bars, relaxing bath salts, and rejuvenating facial oil to share my moms. I found this website called canva and made cute little instruction sheets to go with each.  Click here to see my easy peasy printables! For the labels, I just used some dissolvable mason jar labels with a bright marker. 
                                  Ball Dissolvable Labels - (Set Of 60) (by Jarden Home Brands)


Here's a picture of my final product. 


I hope they enjoy their gifts as much as I enjoyed making them! I'll post my recipes for each of the gifts soon. :) Happy oiling everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment